Human Resources Guidelines & PLA Basics
Employment Laws You Need To Know
- Required Regulatory Postings
- Pay regulations
- Employee Handbook content
- Employee vs. Independent Contractor
- State and Federal regulations based on the number of employees
Building A Winning Team
- It’s not about the money
- You can’t find good people myth
- Writing a job description
- Identifying characteristics needed to succeed in the job
- Creating an interview guide
- Keeping it job-related (what you cannot ask employees or job applicants)
Employee Labor Laws
- Employee vs. Independent contractor
- Exempt vs. non-exempt
- Payment time table
- Employer and Payroll Taxes
Union Agreements & Contracts
- Project Labor Agreement basics (PLA)
- What is a core employee?
- Your employee vs. union employee ratios
- How to sign a single project agreement (who do you call)
- The hidden cost of PLA agreements
- Trust fund contributions
- Liquidation damages, what are they? And how can they impact your contract?
Construction & Public Utility: What You Need To Know To Avoid Losing Your Assets (Before You BID)
- Policies and Procedures you need before you begin bidding on a Public Works Contract
- Prevailing Wage
- California Labor Codes
- Subcontract Agreements
- Hidden costs you need to include in your bid
- PLA Agreements
- Administration Costs
- Apprentices (If Necessary) what are the ratios?
- OSHA Rules and Guidelines
- The process from start to finish
If you are a public works agency, prime contractor, or subcontractor who needs an experienced labor compliance consultant to perform oversight and enforcements, serve as expert witness for contractors, subcontractors, or contract owners; review/generate certified payroll records, conduct audits, prevailing wage, DAS 140 requirements, please contact us immediately.
(Monitoring & Enforcements)
We develop and manage the following services for key clients…Form 103 reports, monthly/quarterly reports, public works and commercial contracts, DBE/SBE/SBA 8(a) program monitoring, certifications, prime contractor and subcontractor plans.
Business Infrastructure System
(BIS) Learn how to upload and access your important business infrastructure documents from anywhere in the world. If you are not sure if your business infrastructure is properly developed to help you achieve profitability and contract opportunity, we will help you develop the four (4) key areas of a winning business infrastructure.
(PM) When you need a professional to ensure Best Practices, Benchmark Standards, Budget & Cost Control Management, Project Monitoring & Control; Estimating, Critical Path Schedule Management, Change Management Implementation
HR Guidelines & PLA Basics
For the most up-to-date and current policies/procedures, professional guidance, ensuring Best Practices, staff & management training and support, labor law guidelines, evaluations, implementation plans.